Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Moment By Moment

Just a poem I'd like to share - the words are so true. The past month has really been a rough one - lots of trials for our family in one way or another! We have also all been ill. Through all the troubles the LORD is so very faithful and sees us through it all! He is so wonderful and it's wonderful to know that no matter what we go through God is there every moment.

Moment by Moment
Never a trial that He is not there;
Never a burden that He doth not bear;
Never a sorrow that He doth not share,
Moment by moment I'm under His care.

Never a heartache, and never a groan,
Never a tear-drop, and never a moan,
Never a danger but there, on the throne,
Moment by moment, He thinks of His own.

Never a weakness that He doth not feel;
Never a sickness that He cannot heal,
Moment by moment, in woe or in weal,
Jesus, my Saviour, abides with me still.
Daniel W. Whittle

The weather has been quite warm these past couple of weeks and on Sunday afternoon we all went for about an hours drive just to get out a bit. As it hardly rains in winter in this part of the country it can get very dry and dusty. Spring and (hopefully)the first rains should be just around the corner though so we are looking forward to that! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that you and Rachel were sick for so long. I'm praying that you both continue to get better! The hymn that you shared is one of my favorites --the words are so true. I don't know if you've been reading my blog lately or not, but I just had surgery on Monday to remove 4 wisdom teeth that won't come up. These past few days I've definitely been taking things moment by moment! Thanks for sharing the hymn, it was a real encouragement to me!

Shannon said...

Oh, what a blessed poem! As trials in my life feel as thoug hthey might never go away, and at times when I feel as though I have no control over anything (In whci I don't ever!) I am comforted that He is always in control, and always with me. Thank you for sharing this poem, as I will probably try to remind myself of it alot in the futre. May the Lord's hand of healing continue to be upon your sister, and may He bless you and your family....

~Shannon~

Felicity said...

Oh yes, it gets really dry and dusty!! I can't wait for the spring rains to wash everything clean! Hope you all feel better soon, and that Rachel is soon feeling 100%.

Jessica Rebekah said...

Thank you all for the kind comments and prayers!
God bless you.
Love
~Jessica & Rachel

Blythe said...

Thank you for becoming a follower Jessica(I ave a sister with that name!) I love your header and not just because I think its sooo cool that you were that close to lions/whatever those animals are!!!
I'll enjoy your blog!

Jessica Rebekah said...

Farmgirl - Thank you too for visiting our blog and becoming a follower! :)

Yes, those are lion cubs in the header picture. :) The cub on the right and the one squeezed in at the back of the other cubs are the "normal" lions. The others are known as "white lions" as they are almost white in colour.

God bless you
~Jessica