Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

This Is Where We Live

Our family moves around a lot! Since I was born we've moved house ten times and Jessica can add on an extra two moves in her sixteen years. We've often wanted to settle but somehow that doesn't seem to be the Lord's plan for us, so soon we'll be packing up and moving once again! Sometimes one does just long to be able to stay in one place but then it's as though the Lord gives us the extra strength we need whenever a move comes up and He always so wonderfully smoothes the way! Every move we've made has a wonderful testimony behind it. Also we've really been privileged to travel around the country, see and experience so many different places and meet different people, all of which would never happen if we stayed in just one place. So yes, we actually enjoy the 'pilgrim' life we lead, it can be difficult at times and hard work, but it's full of excitement, miracles, surprises and fun. :)

Come and take a walk around 'in pictures' to get an idea of where we are living at the moment: :)

Our house


The back of the house and Gran's cottage are enclosed by wall which gives it a sort of private garden and seperates it from the rest of the property.
Northern side of the property in early morning light.
Our flock of geese out on a walk!
Two of our dogs, Tula and Lama on the lawn on the southern side of property


Above & below: flowers, shrubs and trees, oh and Tom, the cat :)

The trees and bushes grow thick here - often all we see of our neighbours properties are a bit of thatch roof and the lightning conductor poles.

3 comments:

hope said...

Wow! I thought my family moved a lot, but Jessica has four more moves than I do. lol! I get tired of the packing and organizing. I have been working on that today and it has given me a headache. blah. I'll be glad when we have found our new place and settled in.

-Hope

Jessica Rebekah said...

Hi Hope - I know what you mean about moving being tiring sometimes - mostly moving is fun, but not when you're feeling worn out and have a headache!Then you just want to get it over with!

I trust that you and your family soon find a lovely place to move to where you'll be able to settle if you really like it! :)

God bless.
Love,
~Jessica

Hannah said...

Such beautiful greenery!
Thanks for sharing all the pictures!
I am so looking forward to that tutorial :)
~Hannah~